Monday, April 7, 2014

Labor Pains and Big Bro gift

Saturday Nov 2nd was an uneventful day at home. That night around one in the morning I started feeling bad. It was daylight savings time, so after having contractions every 10 minutes through two am twice, I woke Will and told him it was time to go to the hospital. I was induced with Mason so I didn't know what labor was like, but I was pretty sure it was time. So, here we go, off to the hospital. They hook me up and check me. Poor Mason slept in a chair. Will slept on the floor with no pillow or blanked while we waited. Forever. The nurse told me that they paged the on call Dr. and she wasn't sure if she was going to do my surgery or not, since I had only dilated to one,but that they were going to hook me up to an IV and prepare just in case. Wow labor is painful. Around 6 in the morning, Will decided to leave so he could take Mason to some friends. Of course, 5 minutes after they leave the nurse comes to tell me they are discharging me. Whatever. I think the Dr. just didn't want to come in to do my surgery. So home we go. I tried to rest and be comfortable, but it was difficult. That night/morning we basically repeated the same process. I woke at one, in pain having  contractions every 10 minutes. I woke Will and this time he dropped me off and told me to call when they had a plan. Well, it was pretty much the same thing. Machines and exams. I was only at 2 this time. The same Dr. was on call and she sent me home again. This time with Percocet. The nurse said this would help until my admission on Tuesday. LOL. I took the meds at 6 and by 8 I was having contractions every 10 minutes again. This was very difficult for me because I became very anxious ESP with not knowing what was going on. I didn't have contractions with Mason and was medicated my whole labor with him. With all the chaos and madness, I decided to go ahead and give Madon his big brother gifts. He was very excited to recieve a cool new hoodie and video game.

No comments: