Tuesday, April 15, 2014

January 2014

2014 is keeping us very busy. I went back to work on January 6th. It was so hard going back after being home for 10 weeks! I am still full time at GIHN and do PRN for Aegis, Best Care, and Rehab Management. That seems like so much typing it! Glad none of them call on me much! I am looking forward to beginning to run again and maybe try to run a 10 K. I am looking forward to my traditional Color Run 5k in Sept and of course APs 5 K in March. I  am also planning to do my first ever mud run! This year is also my 15 year high school reunion so I have lots to keep me busy!!
 Deacon is staying with Ms. Aisha Nixon. She kept Mason and we are very happy she is keeping D in her home. We didn't think daycare would be a good fit for us this time and were so happy she was available and willing to keep Deacon. As I said before,  Deacon went for his two month checkup on Jan 15th. It was pushed back from Jan 7th because of our flu nightmare and dr. visits. He weighed  11lbs and 14 oz, was 23.5 in long, with 15.5 in head circumference.  He had to get 3 shots (5 vaccines) which he absolutely hated!! Dr. Sledd explained to us that we were very lucky Deacon got the flu at 7 weeks and not 12 or 13 weeks because at 7 weeks he still had my antibodies in him. This kept him from being so ill. We also got the fabulous acid reflux diagnosis. Right now we are trying positional changes and gas drops. I'm not sure I'm ready for prescription meds!!
 Mason went back to school on the 2nd but has missed many days this month because of the snow and extremely cold weather. Poppa DO and GiGi came to visit for MLK weekend and took him to the Baltimore Aquarium. They had a great time. Poor fella broke his glasses in gym and was so upset his teacher had to call me at work to speak to him. He fell one night while playing with my friends toddler and got a massive black eye!! Here's hoping it can only get better!! He got his report card for the 2nd 9 weeks and had As and Os in all his subjects except handwriting and Art. We are very proud of him.  . 
Will started a new job this year. He is now working for Albany Industries which is based out of New Albany ( here's hoping this gets us closer to home one day). He has been very busy meeting new dealers, setting up new accounts, and traveling a bigger territory. He went to Las Vegas for a week! I honestly don't know how single moms do it!! I hope I never have to know either!! He is going to Tupelo Market in February for 4 days. Wish me luck. 





No comments: