Thursday, November 27, 2008

What I am Thankful for...

Just wanted to take this time to refelct and show gratitude for all my many Blessings. I am truely Blessed and wanted to give Thanks for all the things that are great to me. I took time to list a few things I am thankful for this year (not in any order).....

1. Health and Safety of our family-I am so thankful for our good health (when we have it). Between wrecks, asthma, hospital stays, and the cold Will can not get rid of, I have really learned to appreciate having good health and being safe. It was definately something I took for granted until this year. I felt like my heart was being ripped out of my body when the doctor came in and told us Mason had to be admitted to the hospital this summer. Watching your baby get an IV put in and having to hear respiratory therapist come in and say things like " oh, the lady that worked last night told me ALL about you," is so painful. I don't know how people find the strength and dedication to take care of sick loved ones everyday. I am so glad we have a wonderful doctor who takes the time to listen to our concerns and gives us many options to choose when deciding how to take care of our child. I am thankful for all the prayers and well wishes from others when one of us is sick. Its so hard being away from family and home, but so comforting to know there are people here willing to change there plans and sit at the hospital with my son, so I can go home and shower or take a nap OR drop everything to take care of you when you pass out at work from being sick and stressed!!!
2. Parents-I am so thankful for not only my parents, but my family..brothers and Wills familiy included lol. My parents drive 13-14 hours here to come and clean my house and change light bulbs, move and put together furniture and babysit so Will and I can see movies. They send us cards and happies and Ole Miss Tee-shirts (even though they are DIE HARD MSU fans, hey every family has black sheep, I'm ours:0) , and sometimes the occasional $20 for things like Halloween and Thanksgiving. My sweet Momma even cuts out wedding annoucements and such from the local paper and mail them to me. They always call after not hearing from me for more than two days to make sure nothing is wrong. They listen to my worries and always make me feel better about the things that stress me out. They are always postive about everything and give me an optimistic view when I so desperately need it. They also dont critcize the choices we make, even dumb ones (ok well they stay on me about spanking Mason and my choices of hair color, but that's about it) They spend thier Christmas break and 4th of July vacation keeping my child so I can go out with friends and even go on the Honeymoon I never had that I am getting soon. They are the best parents ever. I am so greatful and thankful for them. I am thankful for my brothers too. They are the BEST uncles to Mason. They are always interested in what is going on in his life and call multiple times to check on him when he is ill. I am also greatful that they get along with Will. I always know when one of them is calling us, b/c as soon as one cell stops ringing another starts. I hope I get along with thier wives, if they ever get married. Next, the inlaws, I am thankful for the love and support they provide to us. Will's Dad and Step Mom are here right now, giving us a break and cleaning our house and cooking for us. It is nice to have so many people who love us and love Mason and want to be in our lives. Lastly, I am also thankful for the 3 sweet neices I have to love an spoil. Caylee, Samantha, and McCarty are great cousins to Mason.
3. Work- Can I just say.. I hate work:) I feel like I work ALL the time.....prolly b/c lately I do. I got a PRN job this year. As much as I hate working more...I am very thankful and greatful that I have not one, but two jobs that enable me to pay off debt, build savings, buy my son endless toys he does not need that clutter my home, pay bills and get us through hard economic times, allows me to have nice things for my home, and provide us with the health insurance to provide us great medical care. I am also glad for my PRN job, b/c it has gotton me back into a part of my profession I love and really enjoy. I am thankful for all the people I am able to help at work which gives me a great satisfaction in life.
4. Friends- I am so so thankful for all the texts I got today wishing us a Happy Thanksgiving. I am thankful for all my sweet friends who always make time for dinners, cookouts, parties, and playdates while I am home. I am thankful for old friends I don't see or talk to much. I am thankful for new friends who spoke and befriended me even though no one else would.I am thankful for friends who inspire me to be a better mom, wife, and person. I am thankful for friends who let us be involved in there great moments like weddings and babies. I am thankful for friends who listen to whine about the whoos in my life, who call me when they have problems b/c I was the only one that would understand, to those who forgive me, for those who love me anyway and those who drop everything to help me organize the 10 year reunion I am resposible for. Bless you all and may you all know how special you are to me.
5. Will- Where would I be with out this man? Isn't wierd how we are partenered up another person for a life time of memories? I am thankful for a great husband who gives Mason a bath at night so I can watch reality TV, a man who tells me good job even when I fail, a man who eats food I cook even though it is never any good. A man who works very hard to provide for our family..a man who puts up with me!!! I am so thankful to be married to my best friend. He makes me laugh, he tells me what spots I missed on the Christmas tree (yeah, I put up my tree this moring, yeah, im on the ball today), soon he will be telling me all the words I misspelled on these blog postings. He calls me at work to wish me a good day and listens to my stories about bad days. He makes me look forward to the future and inspires me to be a better person. Even though we are so opposite of each other, we manage to tolerate and cohabitiate together. He is a fantastic parent and is always inspiring me to do better. I am thankful for his fun spontaneous spirt, like planning a honeymoon for us, since we didn't really get to have one when we got married. I am thankful to have someone I love as much as him, that loves me just as much. He is even sorry and sypathetic when he does things like removing my toenail and almost another by stepping on my bare feet while wearing shoes!!! Lastly, I am thankful for the future I am getting to spend with him and that his in my life.
6. Mason- What a great little guy. I am so greatful and thankful for all the happiness and joy he brings into my life. I am thankful for the way he makes me feel and the pride I get from being not only a mom, but being his mom. His smiles. He independence ("no mommy, I do it). His curiosity ("whats that bangage on your foot for") His need for me (" I want my mommy") His help ("here Mommy, put this on the tree") His love ("love you too, mommy"). His routines, like singing and saying his prayers at night. And my latest...I am thankful that he doesnt like to sleep with pajams on and kicks off the covers. Sounds crazy, but according to my mom I was the same way. Trust me, when you have kid that is the exact replica of you husband in every way, shape, and form, you take what ever similarities you can get, no matter how little:)

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and takes time to look back and reflect on all the things they are thankful for this year.

No comments: