Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving fun!

K..so I got a shorter, darker hair cut. And yes, you are seening purple in my hair. Just a few streaks. I think Im secretly stressing about being older and almost 30 and am rebelling against myself. Or I just wanted to do something wild and funky for once:)
Mason and I attended his annual Thanksgiving lunch with all the families from daycare. We had a great time. There are lots of new babies and school. It is scary to think that MY child is now a big kid and not a tiny baby anymore. This BOY drinks out of a regualar cup. Can you say BIG BOY. He tells me all the time he is a big boy. I have a great video of the kids singing the Blessing, but of course MY child was looking around, playing, and NOT singing, so I am not posting it.

FYI, for those of you don't know.....I signed up for drinks b/c I was the last one to sign the list and it was filled out by all the parents who accually get there kids on time. Really, I would have made something:) WELL I decided to go to chick fil a since they sell gallons of tea and lemonade by the gallons. My bill.....$13. Yeah a gallon of lemonade is almost $8 and the tea was like $4 something. I was so annoyed by this. I mean really $13. Who charges that much for lemonaid? Whatever, I don't even like there food that much!!

Here I am trying to get Mason to hold his placemat. It is so cute. The feathers are his handprints. He is doing such a good job in school. I am so proud of him. He has had a hard time adjusting to the daylight savings time change. Plus, his allergies are all crazy again (runny nose, itchy eyes, exema on his face, ect). Most mornings I have to wake him up and bribe him with candy to get up dressed andget his teeth brushed. NOTE bribery doens't work with this guy. We had two mornings last week where he was so cranky, he cried when I left him at school. There is nothing, I mean nothing, worse to me than having to leave Mason when he is upest and crying. It is heartbreaking. Fortunately, this doens't happen often and he stops right after I leave. Still, I don't like seeing my little guy upset.
I think I have scarred Mason for life taking so many pictures of him over the years. Most days he refuses to "say cheese" for me. Not sure what I'm gonna do about Christmas cards this year. He did, however, want to pose for me the other day. We got this little down vest (thanks Janell) and he likes it. He wanted to put his hands in his pocket and say cheese for me.
SUCH A BIG BOY. 2 and 1/2. Where does the time go? It is so wierd to not have a baby anymore. And don't bother asking about baby #2. Mason is absolutly forbidding it. He says nonono to having a sibling. "Im your big boy Mommy" is what he says to me when I ask him. I even try to hold the other babies at daycare to show him what it would be like with a baby. BAD IDEA....he got so MAD he tried to hit the baby. He didnt like the idea of Mommy holding another baby!!



No comments: